I usually like making this raspberry jam tart after having been hiking in the Alps, taking true raspberries! I come home, make a raspberry jam and bake this cake. I make it with buckwheat and brown sugar because it’s more rustic and I add hazelnuts because they make it more crunchy.
- 10 tablespoons (120g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 3 large egg yolk
- 1 cup (10g) flour
- 1 cup (120g) buckwheat flour
- 1/cup hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (450g) raspberry jam
Pulse or crush the hazelnuts cup almonds,
Mix the 2 different flours, add baking powder, sugar, the egg yolks, hazelnuts and butter. Work mixture with your fingertips
- Wrap in plastic and chill l in the fridge until hard, 30–35 minutes.
Once dough in the fridge is hard, remove plastic and divide dough into 2 pieces making 1 piece about twice the size of the other. Flatten the biggest one into a thick disk using your fingers or a rolling pin and press the dough up and around the sides of tart pan
Spoon jam into the center of crust and spread to the corners using an offset spatula or a spoon. Using your fingertips, crumble remaining disk of dough over the jam
- Slice the remaining dough in stripes, then lay them over the jam
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Transfer tart pan to a wire rack and let the tart cool in pan 30 minutes.