This spaghetti recipe has been taken from famous Italian actor Ugo Tognazzi’ Book “L’abbufone”. He was at the forefront in the Kitchen and recipe world which has developed nowadays.
The book is very amusing and ironic, but the recipe is simple, fresh and good for summer.
I just added one ingredient (anchovies syrup) which matches very well with raw tomatoes.
- 2 ½ pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and lightly smashed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, sage)
- 1 pound spaghetti
- If you don’t like Tomatoes seeds and skin, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add tomatoes, simmer for 13 seconds and drain. Peel, core and halve tomatoes, discarding seeds and liquid. Chop tomato pulp finely and place in a medium bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Mince herbs
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and cook at low heat garlic with anchovies syrup, and red pepper flakes, stir it in and let the mixture cook for some minutes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and add spaghetti. Cook until al dente, and drain well. Add tomato mixture to hot pasta, herbs finely chopped and very hot oil ( but not frying) o that the rich aroma of herbs burst forth.
- Mix until pasta and serve immediately.